QUALITY CONTENT – A NECESSITY FOR SEO
Content is the soul of your website. Quality content helps you build relationships with your customers and prospects. It affects users’ ability to find your website and the ranking of your website on search engines. You will appear higher in search engines if you have quality content.
According to Rudyard Kipling, “Words are of course the most powerful drug used by mankind.” Quality content differentiates a website. It drives traffic to a website, it leads to conversion and it determines the succession of an e-commerce website.
Quality content begins with market research. Note that the persona of a website should be defined and high-value customers should be determined. High-quality content attracts customers who seek basic information on the topic and those who seek advanced information on topics.
Components of a good content are:
- The originality and authenticity of the content.
- The ease at which users find the content.
- The quality of the content writing.
The characteristics of quality content according to Google are:
- Quality content must be useful
- Quality content must provide value
- Quality content must be engaging.
- Quality content must be credible
- Quality content must be of high quality
If you want users to be engaged on your website, you have to provide relevant and useful information. With quality content, you can organically build links as having links on your e-commerce website increases your popularity and credibility in search engine rankings. People and other websites will want to link to your content if it is of high quality. It is important that you determine your target audience and provide appealing content to them.
There are different types of content:
- SEO friendly content: This content optimizes your content with relevant keywords
- Industry-based content: This content focuses on a specific niche
- Marketing content: This is used on e-commerce website by e-commerce development company, who develops customer oriented website keeping in view every keen detail. It helps sell your product or services.
- Supportive content: This content helps users understand topics from the beginning.
- Research articles: This content has in-depth information about topics.
The tagline and slogans on your e-commerce website should have a clear value proposition. You can add videos to your content as videos increasingly engage more audiences as people want to get information with ease and without effort.
A customer-centric e-commerce website will capture audiences. You must use social media to effectively utilize your content. Your content should be promoted on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Important factors of quality ratings according to Google are:
- The quality and quantity of a content
- Visibility of a website
- The reputation of a website
- The trustworthiness of a content
- The level of expertise of a content.
Quality content is essential for SEO as search engines give more visibility to websites that offer a positive user experience. Quality content is the aim of every expert SEO agency to provide its customers with professional SEO services. According to Brafton, “92% of marketers say that content creation is either “very effective” or “somewhat effective” for SEO. Quality is a key ingredient for a successful content marketing and content is a key aspect of SEO strategy. It is important that you intertwine keywords in your content and you do not engage in keyword stuffing.
IMPORTANCE OF QUALITY CONTENT FOR SEO
- A clear message: Everyone will understand your message if your content is good.
- Lower bounce rate: People will spend a long time on your website if you have quality content. Quality content will improve your rankings and it will lead to lower bounce rates.
- Trust: Audiences will trust your website if your content is well written. Your content should be professional and be free of typographical errors. People will return to your website if they trust your content.
- Social media attention: Quality content is shared by people on social media. If your content is poorly written then it will not be shared by other people on their social media channels.
- Ranking and conversions: Quality content improves your ranking and it positively affects your SEO. Your e-commerce website will also have higher conversions if your audiences understand your message.
For all content; Google looks at quality, uniqueness and relevance. It is important that you research keywords and offer valuable content to your audiences. The value of content is determined by social shares, links and comments.
Your content needs to have a unique voice and style across all social media channels as content impacts the decision making of audiences According to Forrester, “A consistent customer experience helps build a trusted brand.
When creating your content it is important that you avoid:
- Creating pages that have no original content
- Automatically generate content
- Hidden text or links
- Putting irrelevant keywords in your pages.
- Creating malicious content
- Link schemes
- Deceptive redirects
- Doorway pages
McKinsey & Company revealed that consistency is the secret ingredient to making customers happy across their entire journey with your e-commerce website.
In creating content it is important that you fix issues such as:
- Grammatical errors: Websites such as Grammarcheck can help scan your content for errors or you can get someone to proofread your content for you.
- Page load speed: Make sure you improve your page load speed so that your audience can quickly see your content.
- Broken links: You can find broken links with the Google Webmaster Tools.
- Excessive ads: Too many ads lead to the bad user experience. Try to increase your traffic through other means.
- Reading level: Access the Readability Score of your content before you post it.
You can improve your content by fine-tuning your content strategy and relevance.
Using tools such as MarketMuse Content Analyzer can help scan your content for keywords and semantic phrases. You can check your content depth by developing materials that give value.